This was a very touching wedding to be a part of. Brittany and Justin had their wedding at Mill City Museum in Minneapolis on a lovely day. We had already shot their friends’ Whitney and Brent’s wedding a few months back. The weddings were both booked at the same time, so we got to hang out with the same wonderful people on two different occasions. Brittany’s father had died just before the wedding, so they incorporated him into the day in several ways, ways that made us all, myself included, start crying at numerous points.
Brittany had a piece of her dad’s shirt sewn into her dress in the shape of a heart and wore a headpiece on the day that her mom had worn on her wedding day. They also said a wonderful poem for him during the ceremony and had this father/daughter dance where a number of people stepped in for her father. So moving – it was a little tough to get through.
Their day was spent at Mill City Museum, making for amazing photography. They were both very much into the industrial look and that venue nailed it. I think everyone in Minneapolis loves shooting in that location.
Highlights from the day:
- Their wedding party. Doing photos of Brittany and her bridesmaids was a lot of fun. Taking photos of Justin with his guys was just as great.
- Brittany had part of her father’s shirt sewn into her dress as a memorial.
- Since her dad had recently passed, his friends and family stepped in for him during the father/daughter dance.
- The headpiece Brittany wore was the same her mother wore on her own wedding day.
- The food was AMAZING!!
- During cocktail hour, we photographed couple photos since they had not done a first look. It was such a cool hour walking around the city.
Thanks to the following people who made this day so beautiful: