This was the first wedding we shot in 2017 and was really fun. It was yet another wedding to add to our list of winter weddings. Winter weddings come with their own set of challenges, but we still love them. Being a wedding photographer in the Midwest, you have to love winter weddings.
We met Krystal and Josh when Josh proposed onstage at Country Fest last year and we were able to capture the proposal for them. If you want to see a fantastic proposal, check it out. Josh proposed to her onstage during a concert at Country Fest in Wisconsin. She was completely surprised and it was so sweet. There is always a challenge involved in the Midwest when you are having a wedding in January. Not only is it cold as can be, there is a very limited amount of light during the day. However, we were able to get some amazing shots, as they were willing to brave the cold.
Highlights from the day:
- The orange flowers. They were such a nice contrast to the winter weather.
- Krystal’s vows were made to look like they were a mile long.
- The two of them braved the cold to get amazing winter shots
- Krystal was really into getting photos with dramatic lighting
- Their wedding suite was gorgeous
- Elderly guests started arriving two hours before the ceremony. This is more funny than anything, but it seems that elderly guests always arrive early.
Thank you to the following vendors for making this day wonderful:
Venue: Metropolis Resort
Photography: RKH Images