Abby and Anthony were married on a very chilly September day in Two Harbors, Minnesota. We had been dealing with multiple weekends of weddings so hot and humid in Minnesota that often times, couples would forgo outdoor photography because it was so hot. The opposite was true the day of Abby and Anthony’s wedding, but we have to say that it really added to the whole atmosphere of a true fall wedding. Their engagement session was on a very rainy day, so they were used to having weather not fully cooperate with them.
Abby and Anthony have known each other since they were kids and were married at the Grand Superior Lodge in Two Harbors, Minnesota. There were so many awesome aspects to this day and here are just a few:
- Their Corgi, Archer, was a part of the wedding
- They did their first look at the VERY crowded Gooseberry Falls. Abby actually led a blindfolded Anthony all the way down to the lower falls. He had never been there before, so he had no clue where he was going.
- WATERFALL PHOTOS!!!
- The bride and her girls wore flannels.
- Abby ended up wearing a cardigan and a flannel during their outdoor ceremony, adding SO much to the fall wedding feel (we love it!!)
- Vegan cupcakes (yum)
- They allowed us to take pumpkins from their ceremony decor. So we hauled 40lb pumpkins up a hill to our car. We still have them.
In all honesty, it was SUPER difficult to narrow down which photos to put into this blog post. There are a LOT! We have a lot of awesome speech photos, reception stuff, and many more gorgeous shots from waterfalls and Lake Superior. Since the two of them took the time to get all these shots, they ended up with a lot of stuff and we have to say, if you’re getting married in this area, take the time. It’s 100% worth it.
Thank you to the following amazing vendors who helped make this day so lovey:
Venue: Grand Superior Lodge
Photography: RKH Images
Accommodations: Grand Superior Lodge
Catering: Grand Superior Lodge
Hair: Captivating Beauty
Makeup: BB Makeup
Dress: David’s Bridal
Bridesmaids Dresses: Bella Bridal
Tuxes: Mens Wearhouse
Rings: Kay Jewelers
Cupcakes: Vegan East