Okay, this is our warmest New Year’s Eve wedding EVER! We photographed Eden and Matt’s Station 10 wedding on New Year’s Eve (clearly). This was the first time we had shot a Station 10 wedding, as the venue is fairly new. It’s a cool place, that was originally a fire station. Hence, the name.
Back to the warm weather, we don’t usually photograph New Year’s Eve weddings. It’s one of our favorite holidays to just spend together. We don’t go out – we just stay at home and eat Italian food and watch “The Twilight Zone”. Occasionally, however, we will take on a wedding on that date. The first one we ever shot, it was -26 degrees below zero when we arrived. The one we shot prior to this was so cold and windy that we simply couldn’t go outside. This year, you wouldn’t even know it was December rolling into January in Minnesota. It was awesome.
We originally met Eden and Matt at their engagement session this spring. It was a lot of fun and we just loved how those photos turned out. They were super easy to talk to. We had just gotten back from Alaska, a place they had just been. We talked so much about that. It was a lot of fun.
This was an awesome way to wrap up 2023. Our 2024 is already packed with weddings and we are so excited to start new.
Highlights of the Day
- They had a band!! We love this. Honestly, it adds so much amazing energy to a wedding.
- Disco balls! Eden had them as centerpieces. I remember her mentioning this at the engagement session. It’s so fun.
- Eden had a second outfit for the reception. We love when couples do that. It honestly was a great change too because it got WARM on that dance floor.
- They did get a touch of snow the night prior so they got to have a white winter wedding.
- Eden’s dad played the saxophone during their first dance. So cool!
- Their dance floor was SO fun! You never know with weddings how the dance floor is going to go. This one was packed.
- Speaking of the dance floor, Eden and Matt did a choreographed first dance. It was SO good! They did dips, but then they did a run and jump. It was so fun.
- Instead of a sit down dinner, they had food stations. Let me tell you, that food was AWESOME. They had Asian food, a pasta station, and sliders. The sliders were incredible. Sliders for a wedding is now one of my favorite things ever.
Thank you to the following vendors for helping curate such a wonderful day!