Everyone wants to look their best in their wedding photographs. There’s the fact that you are probably not going to spend much more on another day in your life, so you probably want to look your best during it, right? The following are a few tips on how to look best in your wedding photographs. Of course, there are many more, but these are some that we have found incredibly useful while shooting.
- Get an engagement session. An engagement session is fantastic for a number of reasons. They create an environment of comfort with your photographer that very much prepares you for working with them on the big day.
- Be yourself. This may go without saying, but often times more than not, people spend too much time trying to please others with their photography. By that, I mean that they feel they need to follow certain trends, stage everything, and more. There have been more times than we can count that people have shot rustic photos because it is what is “in” at the moment when they really have no desire rustic style shots at all. People do the same with colors, themes, and more. Trends come and go. Be yourself.
- Be comfortable. This can be difficult at times (wedding shoes spring to mind), but for the most part, try to stay comfortable. Hydrate, wear clothing that is properly fitted, make sure that your wedding party is keeping you fed. If you are not comfortable, it will show in your photos, regardless of your fake smile.
- Strike a pose. There are a number of ways to avoid a double chin or aspects of your body you may find unflattering. Most of the time, you know what makes you look best, as you do it automatically. It never hurts to let your photographer know your insecurities. We don’t judge and we can help. That way, you have one less thing to think about.
- Be happy with yourself. We cannot stress this enough. It’s your day and you will look fantastic. Not only will your happiness show in your photographs, but it will make your day ten times better. The happier and more confident you are with yourself, the better you day will be.
These are only a few tips to look your best during your wedding day. There are so many more, but we have found these to be helpful throughout our shoots and would strongly encourage them to any of our clients looking for some tips.