We just loved these two. Christy and Matt actually only live about a mile from us, but they got married at the AMAZING Birch Hill Barn in Wisconsin. Although we are based out of Minnesota, we also consider ourselves to be a Wisconsin wedding photographer, due to the proximity of us to the state. It’s easy for us to be a Wisconsin wedding photographer as well due to a lot of family living in the state. They lucked out with a beautiful summer day. The two are actually high school sweethearts and are two of the nicest people you would ever be lucky enough to meet. Working with them was a true joy. On top of that, they worked with some of the best vendors in the industry. Birch Hill Barn is just incredible. They have the barn for the wedding, as well as a cottage for getting ready. But my favorite part of the venue is when they hauled us up the hill in their Jeep to do a first look and some of our favorite sunset photos ever.
Highlights from the day:
- The venue. As long as the day’s weather is kind, there is an incredible amount of space to do photography in.
- We got to ride in a Jeep Rubicon. Kyle knows I’m a total nerd for cars, especially those that climb enormous hills like this one
- Doing photos on the hill was like having a full blown private photo session.
- Christy did the “coin on the shoe” tradition. We have only had three brides do it.
- They had books as their centerpieces
- They made placeholders for us that said our names and “Photographer” on them. After that wedding, I hung that placeholder in my cube at my office job until I quit that job to do RKH Images full time.
Thank you to the following vendors for making this day so wonderful:
Venue: Birch Hill Barn
Photography: RKH Images
Catering: River Valley Catering
Officiant: Pastor Julie Rogness
Hair & Makeup: Jay’d Hagberg
Rings: Arthur’s Jewelers
Dress: Wedding Shoppe
Tuxedos: Mens Wearhouse
Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Effie’s Bridal Trunk