What is the benefit of getting married on Friday the 13th during a global pandemic? One, it makes for an AWESOME story years down the line. Two, you can get photography in places where there are normally so many people. Also, we loved that we got to shoot a wedding on Friday the 13th. So many would consider it an unlucky day, but it was such a fun time.
Regardless of what was happening around the world on this day, this was a fantastic wedding. Everyone involved was so nice and so fun to work with. They had great attitudes and just enjoyed their day. Ann and Andrew are super candid. We learned at their engagement shoot that posing them was a bit of a mistake. They pose themselves and it’s always awesome. Their engagement shoot was so fun. It contains all these pop culture related shots, Andrew actually hanging upside down in a tree, and so many fun facial expressions.
Ann and Andrew were one of the couples we have had that made us feel completely comfortable with them. We love that. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again that they were just fabulous to work with.
Highlights of the day:
- We walked in and said, “Happy wedding day!” at the beginning of the day. We were welcomed with, “Happy Friday the 13th” and “Happy global pandemic!”
- The flowers matched the bride’s awesome rainbow hair.
- Andrew’s daughter was the best person in the wedding party and wore a killer suit.
- The first dance cut into “Let’s Dance” by David Bowie partly through it. YES!!! We actually did the same thing at our wedding, but directly after the first dance.
- Ann had a David Bowie tattoo. I had to throw that in there because I have multiple Bowie tattoos.
- They had a laser cut Star Wars cake topper.
- They had a Millennium Falcon guest book that you would drop little signed R2-D2’s into.
Thank you to the following vendors for making this day so wonderful.
Venue: Saint Paul Hotel
Photography: RKH Images
Catering: Saint Paul Hotel
Accommodations: Saint Paul Hotel
Hair & Makeup: Hair by Flo & Blush Beauty Room
Dress: The Wedding Shoppe
Bridesmaid Dresses: David’s Bridal
Suits: The Black Tux
Rings: Sapphire Studio Designs
Desert: Nothing Bundt Cakes
DJ: Flow Event Group