A North Shore wedding in Minnesota is always truly one to behold. A North Shore wedding in Minnesota in the fall? That’s something we all wish for. Why? Lake Superior, the fall colors, the slight chill in the air that isn’t too hot – it’s awesome!
Originally, Lisa and Derek weren’t going to have their wedding in the North Shore. However, the pandemic changed all that. Their venue couldn’t accommodate them and they had to find a new one. Honestly, we’re glad they did because this one seemed so THEM. I say that because they are such outdoorsy people. Their engagement session was at Taylor’s Falls hiking around and canoeing. So the North Shore just seemed the perfect place.
One thing we really loved about this wedding (and ones like it) is that they stayed at the resort the night prior. I have to say that being at your venue the night before the wedding makes things so much less stressful!
Highlights of the day:
- The two did a pre-wedding session at Gooseberry Falls the night before. Check out that session and story HERE.
- Their ceremony was SO pretty. It was on the shore with an arbor surrounded by pumpkins and flowers.
- Lisa grew all the pumpkins that were used as decor. That’s pretty awesome.
- Lisa’s denim jacket and shawl! This is way I LOVE fall weddings. Those little additions are so great.
- Their guests really knew how to dance. That’s always such a joy to see at a wedding.
- My personal favorite part of the day happened at the end of the night. We were all doing night time photos and walking back to the venue when we walked in front of a truck that just happened to be there (I think it was a maintenance truck). Derek all of a sudden goes, “Oh! Can we do photos in front of the headlights?? Can I lift her up??” It is hilarious to see a groom get super excited about photography. Especially at what we’d consider the end of photography when they are just going to go back and party with the guests. We were like, “Sure, lift her up.”
Thank you to the following vendors for making their day so wonderful!
Venue: Superior Shores Resort
Photography: RKH Images
Catering: Superior Shores Resort
Accommodations: Superior Shores Resort
Hair & Makeup: Gypsy Hair Guru
Wedding Dress: Bridal Aisle Boutique
Bridesmaids’ Dresses: David’s Bridal
Suits: JCPenny and Nordstroms
Florist: Superior Blooms
Deserts: Nothing Bundt Cakes
DJ: Pro Sound and Light Show