What’s the best thing about a brunch wedding? It’s a brunch wedding! What could possibly be better?
For those of you that know me, you know I could have brunch food all day. I have done it before. It’s awesome. But enough of that. Let’s get to the actual day.
Maddy and Devon were married on a beautiful Sunday morning in southern Minnesota. This was actually our second wedding of the weekend. The wedding the night before ran later than we usually run. Due to this, we did coffee runs prior to driving down to Rochester. Fun fact about this wedding – we had also shot Devon’s dad’s wedding! It was so awesome getting to see him and his wife there and to be able to photograph his son’s wedding. There’s something about that which makes us feel so good. Much like many of our couples last year, their wedding was moved to 2021. Luckily, it moved pretty seamlessly, but there was a little extra to it. Devon is in the military, so he was out of the country when the pandemic was going on. Needless to say, traveling was crazy, so the date had to be moved due to that too.
The two were actually married earlier this year in a small ceremony. Because of that, this was their big wedding with a renewal ceremony. That’s one of our new favorite things.
Highlights from the day
- BRUNCH! I haven’t said it enough apparently. But seriously, do brunch at your wedding. It’s incredible.
- Their dance floor put just about every dance floor we have seen to shame. For being the early afternoon, Maddy and Devon and their people rocked the dance floor.
- Maddy’s bridal party had different colored dresses. I personally LOVE this. They were all really nice summer colors too.
- They did a renewal ceremony due to already being married. We need to do a renewal ceremony.
- They had a garter toss and bouquet toss. So many people don’t do those anymore and we just love them.
- Did I forget to mention that I literally want to take ALL the photos of their wedding and post them here? It was so amazing.
Thank you to all these vendors for helping curate such a wonderful day!
Venue: Mayowood Stone Barn
Planner: Rustic Elegance
Photography: RKH Images
Catering: Canadian Honkers
Hair & Makeup: Roxee Salon
Dress: Bridal Aisle Boutique
Rings: Wedding Day Diamonds
Flowers: Hy-Vee Floral
Cake: La Bamba
DJ & Photobooth: Midwest Sound