Who doesn’t love a totally fun fall wedding? I know that’s one of our favorite things, especially when working it. Lindsay and Sheena were married in November (yes, you can totally get married in November!) in an Eagan Community Center wedding in Eagan, Minnesota. We love this venue. We have shot there multiple times before and all the weddings have been so much fun. One thing that was cool about getting to shoot Eagan Community Center wedding photography again is that the ceremony was in a spot we had never shot before. Little things that please photographers…
It was nice to see Lindsay and Sheena when it wasn’t freezing cold out. When we photographed their engagement photos, it was below zero. It was one of those situations where it hadn’t been that cold all week. Then, the hour we decide to shoot, the temperature plummets. The weather on their day was sheer perfection. Not too hot or too cold. Gotta love that.
Highlights of the day:
- Again, the weather. So gorgeous.
- Their wedding party was one of the best we have ever dealt with. I don’t care how nervous or worried you are, they could make you laugh.
- When Lindsay and Sheena did their grand march, they came in first. They then had their wedding party come in. The party entrance was a contest and whoever got the best applause won. This was one of those situations where I had to keep reminding myself to do my job because I was laughing so hard. One of their bridesmaids had a shark head on! (see below)
- A little background – they play rugby. I know, right? It’s awesome. So when Sheena was asked if she took Lindsay as her wife, she took a quick break and ran over to her side of the wedding party. They did a huddle, took a second, broke, and then she said she did. It was SO great.
- Carved wedding pumpkin. Aka: the first photo is this blog. I loved that.
Wedding vendors coming soon…