Amanda and Rory had their beautiful winter wedding at Grand Superior Lodge this January. We love getting to shoot a wedding at Grand Superior Lodge. It’s probably our favorite venue in the North Shore. Getting to go up there in the winter was amazing. We had shot there in the summer and fall, but had never seen it in the winter. It’s gorgeous.
This wedding was originally supposed to be at the beginning of December 2021. However, the bride came down with COVID mere DAYS before the wedding. Luckily, they had a Saturday open in January. So roughly six weeks later, we were all up there to do the wedding! One funny thing, a fair amount of the people at this wedding were from the South. It was 19 degrees with a very hard wind during the outdoor ceremony. As a result, we took tons of photos of them walking out into the freezing weather. That’s always fun because they think we are insane for living up here. And maybe we are.
Amanda and Rory are awesome. They’re both just really fun and sweet people. It was such a joy working with them. We shot their engagement session in very humid and warm conditions. The wedding got us back with the exact opposite weather. We hope to work with them again!!
Highlights from the day:
- Their dog, Lottie, was the flower girl. She’s such a good girl! Also, I’m apparently the only person so far that was able to properly guess where her name comes from. See if you know.
- The wedding was in the North Shore in the winter. If you have never had the opportunity, go up there in the winter.
- We did first look at 9am and it looked like golden hour, even though it wasn’t. It was amazing.
- For whatever reason, I was just IN LOVE with the idea of the snowy beach with water that wasn’t frozen. It looks SO cool!
- The ceremony was outdoors. It was FREEZING and windy at that point, but still so beautiful.
- They had blankets as their favors! As wedding photographers, we have SO many favors at home and honestly barely use any. We have a coffee cup and candle holders that we always use and now the blankets will be on that short list.
**Personal side note: My niece was born the morning of their wedding. So everyone was all excited. It was awesome.
Thank you to the following people for helping make this such an amazing day!
Venue: Grand Superior Lodge
Photography: RKH Images
Catering: Grand Superior Lodge
Hair & Makeup: The Fringe Salon
Wedding Dress: David’s Bridal
Bridesmaids’ Dresses: David’s Bridal
Suits/Tux: Mens Wearhouse
Rings: Kay Jeweler’s
Cake: Hala Sweets