Nothing is better than an evening wedding in the summer. Why? It’s just so nice at that time of the day. Having an evening wedding ceremony ensures that the sun is lower in the sky, so it’s not extremely hot like it can often be in the summer. This wedding is actually the second of the week with a later ceremony. We had a wedding on the Thursday of this week with a 6pm ceremony and this one was even later.
We were really excited to work with Kari and Erick, not only because they are really nice people, but because we love their venue too. Barn at Crocker’s Creek is such a fun place and we are always excited to get back there. It certainly helps when you have such nice clients to work with as well. Also, they are big Star Wars nerds, so that helps.
Kari and Erick’s engagement session
was pretty much the exact opposite weather as their wedding. We shot their engagement photos in the middle of the winter at Mill City. Cool photos, freezing cold weather. So this was really a good switch. It went from cloudy to warm and humid, but was a lovely evening.
Highlights of the day:
- The day was Star Wars themed. Gotta love that.
- When they walked back down the aisle after being married, they played “Throne Room Theme“.
- Just being at Barn at Crocker’s Creek is a highlight.
- Kari’s kids walked her down the aisle. Love that.
- Their ring box was the Death Star.
- Their ceremony was at golden hour. The light was AMAZING!
Thank you to the following vendors for helping create such a wonderful day:
Photography: RKH Images
DJ: Ever After Entertainment