Caitlyn and Chris were married on a beautiful September day at Stone Lion Winery and Events. This was the first time we had been to Stone Lion Winery and Events and I have to say, it was gorgeous! There is a bed and breakfast there, which I’m a big fan of. I love bed and breakfasts in general and this one was so pretty.
It was the first “cooler” wedding of our wedding season. I know we’ll be laughing about that in a few months because we are calling sixty degrees cool right now. It’s the beautiful autumn and there will be snow in our upcoming weddings. After a humid summer, this was a breath of fresh air. This was also our second wedding of the weekend. It’s the beginning of a huge fall season and we are so excited.
We first met Caitlyn and Chris via a Zoom call over a year ago. I have recently come to learn that no one likes Zoom. It’s not just me. We could not stand meeting clients over Zoom because the whole human aspect was erased. So when we met them for their engagement photos, we sort of knew what we were in for, but not really. It didn’t matter because the two of them were incredibly fun. They are the type of couple that just plays off each other. Essentially, a dream for a wedding vendor.
The day of was incredible. If you’ve never been to Stone Lion before, I would highly recommend it. It’s such a gorgeous venue. We had never been there before and were amazed. We can’t wait to go back there again. Caitlyn and Chris were so fun to work with. I know I say that about all our clients, but they were just so happy all day. The happiness really radiated throughout the guests and vendors, as I know I was laughing and smiling all day.
Highlights of the day:
- Caitlyn’s dress was her mom’s wedding dress. COME ON! Who doesn’t LOVE that???
- For the favors for guests, everyone got a wine glass, with charms spelling the guests name. That included US. I always say to treat your vendors well, but that was awesome. They will certainly get used.
- Caitlyn had a second dress for the reception. Always a big fan of that.
- The first look with Caitlyn’s dad was so sweet. While we took a second to set up, we told her they could talk. She goes, “I can’t, or I’ll cry.” To which I said, “Oh, we need to do this quick!” Lots of happy tears.
- The couple had taken dance classes, so the first dance was SO fun!
Thank you to the following people for making the day so wonderful!