When we say to be yourself on your wedding day, we really mean it. And I think Tylor and Robert took this to heart more than anyone we have ever met with their at Minnesota fall wedding.
We first “met” Tylor and Robert via a Zoom meeting last May. As so many people know, it isn’t the easiest to be personable on Zoom. It’s so much better to meet in person when you want to get to really know people, but we had to make do. It didn’t take long for us to realize that we wanted this wedding because the first thing they told us was that they wanted to do a “campy tea party wedding”. If you know me and Kyle and at all, you know that we LOVE campy stuff. It’s just the best. So much fun. Needless to say, when they told us they wanted us to shoot their wedding, we were ecstatic. Also, it was one of our Minnesota fall wedding weekends, so we knew it would be beautiful.
Our first meeting with them was months later at their engagement session. We have never had more fun on an engagement shoot. We were laughing so hard. The session was in Belle Plaine at the same home where the wedding took place, so they had free reign to do what they wanted. They had gone to thrift stores and set up a whole tea party setting. We basically did an hour of goofing around with tea, wigs, pearls, and Sheepadoodles. It was so fun. After that, we could not WAIT for the wedding day.
The wedding did not disappoint. When we arrived, we saw the area they had for the reception. It was FILLED with thrift store goodies. Each table had a theme and there was just so much stuff! On the table with the cake, they had little Fisher Price people that represented all the people in the wedding. Well, they got people to represent us as well! We have them now! Along with the Fisher Price plastic camera. This is ONE thing about this wedding that was awesome out of so many things.
Their day definitely goes down as one of the weddings that we could photograph every single weekend and be happy about it. I actually felt a little sad when I was done with editing their photos because that meant that it was actually done.
Highlights of the day:
- The immense detailing that just represented them so well. Often times, I’ll find little details to be a waste of money at weddings, but these details really fit them perfectly.
- They had a VIP tent that opened after the ceremony. It was full of costumes and more, so you had guests wandering around in costumes, wigs, etc all day. It was really fun.
- Their wedding attire! They looked so good! After the ceremony, they told us they were going to change clothes, so I figured they would come back in something more comfortable. They came back looking just as awesome as before, only dressed differently. They had vests with sequins on them. It was great!
- They had so much good food, but the churros, were AMAZING. More people need to have churros at their wedding because omg…
- Robert had the male version of Carrie Bradshaw‘s Manolo Blahniks. YES.
- There’s so much more. I could go on all day.
Thank you to the following people for making this day so much fun!
Photo Booth: Northerly Photo Booth
Review from the couple: “The whole process was super easy because of Tracy’s excellent communication skills. A lot of preplanning went into our photography prior to ensure we got all the shots we requested. We got our photos back incredibly fast (within a week!) and they were great photos. They were able to take our vision of our wedding and capture it in all our photos. Very pleased with our experience with RKH images.”