We shot Jennifer and Andi’s Hayvn at Hay River wedding at the end of September. One would think that they know what that wedding would feel like. Crunchy leaves, cool breeze, lots of color.
Not this year. We arrived to an unseasonably warm and humid day. That could not damper how amazing this day was, however. We had never photographed a wedding at Havyn at Hay River. However, we love a new venue. It’s a challenge and after fourteen years in this business, we love a good challenge. Something new. We also love barn weddings.
I actually can’t believe we have already shot this wedding. This year was so crazy because half our weddings were booked months in advance and the other half were almost two years out. This one was booked far out. We actually hadn’t met the two of them until their engagement session. They are both such sweet people and we were so excited for this day. And for those that know me personally, they know I was excited about this day because of all the German involved. Andi is from Germany and there was so much German being spoken at that wedding. I love it!
Highlights of the day:
- Where do we begin? Everyone at the wedding was amazing to work with. They were all so fun and just had a great time. It’s important for all those involved in a wedding to remember it’s a day of joy. People get nervous, but overall, it’s a joyful occasion. That was so evident here.
- Have you SEEN the bridesmaids’ dresses??? We love the trend of people having different dresses. This was awesome.
- The colors of the day matched September so well, even if the weather didn’t.
- Jennifer had flowers in her hair and they were so beautiful!
- They did their vows both in German and English. And here’s the kicker. Jennifer doesn’t speak German. She had everything written out phonetically so she could do them in German. One of the sweetest things ever. And that’s tough! Anyone who has tried to speak a language that isn’t their native one knows this.
- Champagne photo! We love those.
Thank you to all the wonderful venues who helped make this day incredible: