Abby and Tyler were married at the Saint Paul Athletic Club on the day before Minnesota’s first snowfall of the season. So it has been one of those years. Nothing like having it be over one hundred degrees, then pop down to twenty five sixty days later.
This was our first wedding at the Saint Paul Athletic Club. It’s a beautiful place nestled into the city of Saint Paul. In case you’ve never heard of it, it used to actually be a gym, hotel, and have offices in it. It was then revitalized as a venue. So cool. So there are four stories of things wedding related. It’s an awesome place.
Onto Abby and Tyler. We met them last year November when we went out to have pizza. They were so much fun. We were so excited when they decided they wanted us to be a part of their day. We shot their engagement photography in Saint Anthony Main in February and it was CHILLY. It wasn’t freezing by any means, but it wasn’t warm. The two of them looked so good in their engagement photos. People walking around actually thought they had just gotten married! They also did a champagne pop photo. Those are always fun. Abby also wore traditional Hmong wear for her second outfit. That was really cool. We always love learning about other cultures. It’s really fun to get to photograph aspects of different cultures as well.
Highlights of the Day:
- They did a choreographed first dance. When they let us know this in advance, they asked that we would get guest reactions. This is because no one knew and didn’t expect them to be able to dance. So fun.
- Speaking of the first dance, they did it right after their entrance. We LOVE this. It’s so great because once they finished the dance, they just got to fully enjoy the rest of their night without having anything else really scheduled. Everything just gets so nice and relaxed after that.
- Abby had two dresses. We love when brides have two dresses. And her second one was SO pretty! Not to say the first wasn’t, but I loved the second one.
- Their ceremony site was gorgeous. It was all candlelight. So romantic!
- Tyler’s sister was their officiant and she did a great job.
- Their champagne photos with their wedding party was AMAZING!!!
Thank you to the following vendors for making this such a fun day!
Venue: Saint Paul Athletic Club
Photography: RKH Images
Wedding Planner: Danielle Olsen
Dress: Effie’s Bridal Trunk
Bridesmaids’ Dresses: Wedding Shoppe
Shoes: Bella Belle
Suit: The Black Tux
Hair and Makeup: Hair by Theresa and SoCoJo Artistry
Rings: Diamonds Direct and Helzberg Diamonds
Florist: Sweet Peas Floral and Market Flowers
DJ: Midwest Sound
Cake: Sam’s Club
Other Deserts: Saesae Khanom