This wedding was SO amazing! Also, shooting an Izatys Resort wedding is really cool because it’s right by our cabin up north.
I’ve never been more happy to shoot a wedding in my life. This one was not planned on our end. We’ve basically just been waiting for good news regarding weddings with the pandemic happening, so when we got word about this one, it was awesome. Jade contacted us after her photographer decided not to shoot their day. This was roughly two weeks before the wedding, give or take a few days, so she was in a panic. Luckily, one of her friends (who was also in the wedding party) used to work for Kyle and threw our name out there.
Jade and David were married on a beautiful day at Izatys Resort in Onamia. I had never been to Izatys Resort, let alone an Izatys Resort wedding, but Kyle had been up there a bunch. It was really cool because it is about twenty miles from our family cabin, so we went up there for the weekend, shot the wedding, and went back to the cabin. Fun little weekend vacation.
Lakeside weddings are always beautiful. You really can’t beat that look. It was important to Jade to get photos by the lake and you can see why in the photos below. It’s very easy to get a ton of photos when you have a lake in the background. You literally can pivot slightly and get a totally different look that is equally as amazing.
One thing that was so nice about shooting this day was that the next day, we received a text from them saying how comfortable we made them. They told us that we made them feel like they were visiting with an old friend. We had not met with them prior to the wedding. We had done a Zoom with Jade, but had not met David at all and hadn’t met either of them in real life. So that comment meant a lot to us.
Highlights of the day:
- Jade and David hopped on a boat after their ceremony, making for some really awesome and crazy images.
- Their wedding dinner was SO good! It was all BBQ food, which we personally associate with summer and fun.
- Jade surprised David with his wedding ring. He originally wasn’t going to be able to have it because of the store closures, but she got it last minute. He didn’t see it until it was on his finger at the ceremony.
- The colors of the bridesmaids’ dresses were so pretty!
- Jade and David are so cute. They had so much fun and were just a really laid back couple.
- They both jumped into the pool in their formal wear. We were not there for it, but we saw video of it the next day.
Thank you to the following vendors for making this day so wonderful!