This Como Zoo Conservatory wedding was super fun for one very big reason. Matt and Diana were referral clients from a past wedding. We LOVE that. Working with the families of past clients is so much fun. It’s literally like going back to see old friends. Plus, it makes the day so much easier. They know what to expect, we know what to expect. It’s awesome.
We photographed Matt’s sister’s wedding in Curacao years ago. Not only that, but we also photographed her wedding that she had in Minneapolis for those that didn’t go to Curacao. So we actually spent a week with their families. We were genuinely bummed out when her wedding(s) ended. Needless to say, when Matt contacted us about getting married, we were so excited!
We shot their engagement session last year at Minnehaha Falls, which was really pretty. Check it out here! They had a Como Zoo Conservatory wedding, which we always think is a great place for smaller weddings. Their day was complete with a small amount of guests and an amazing dinner afterwards.
Highlights of the day:
- Getting to work with Matt and his family again!
- Diana and Matt have a little stuffed Bantha that made an appearance not only here, but in their engagement photos as well.
- They are total geeks, just like us.
- After the wedding, they had a dinner at Fogo de Chao. It was so good!
- The little girls at the wedding were so cute. Diana got to the alter and they ran up and hugged her.