Minnesota has really thrown us a weather curveball this year. First, it was that very long winter. Then summer was brutal. Finally, we get to our first September wedding and guess what? It’s 100 degrees during the ceremony! Still, it’s not all bad. We got to shoot Jess and Caleb’s incredible day at The Cottage Farmhouse in Glencoe, Minnesota. And it was beautiful.
This is one of those weddings where we seemed to be waiting forever on it. Then all of a sudden, it is here! It happens a lot, especially with these fall weddings. September is SO busy for us this year. This was a great way to kick it off. We originally booked Jess and Caleb in April. One of Kyle’s former employees at the business he used to own referred us. So that was cool. It’s always fun to be referred by people we know. We met them at their engagement session, another weather anomaly. We shot those photos at Lebanon Hills in Eagan. It was in April, but it was eighty degrees that night. That’s not the best part. The best part is that part of the park had snow in it still. While it was eight degrees out! What can I say, Minnesotans like to talk about weather…
Did I also mention this was a Sunday wedding? We haven’t shot a full Sunday wedding in a long time. Lots of people get surprised when we tell them that people get married on Sundays. So we had a Saturday off and Sunday then felt like Saturday.
Highlights of the day
- The venue was GORGEOUS. We had never been there before and we really like barn weddings. This was a great spot for barn venue people.
- While we’re talking about the venue, the getting ready cottage was amazing. It was huge. It’s important to have a bunch of space for getting ready.
- First looks with Caleb, Jess’ dad and her brothers!
- After their first look, they did private vows together. Kyle and I love this because we didn’t do our own vows at our wedding. We just did the traditional. We feel that it’s a more private thing and love that so many people do this now.
- Caleb’s dad officiated the wedding. Love it.
- They did a bubble exit at the end of the night. It was SO fun. I would highly recommend them.
- They gave candles away to the guests. I have never seen that before. And they smelled really good too!
- Their champagne photo was so much fun.
- Their dance floor was amazing. We have had some really great dance floors this year. It’s always so great to watch people have so much fun during the reception.
- Also, if you’re reading this, Anna, you were awesome. Thank you for all your hard work and for the purple bag. 🙂
Thank you to the following vendors for making this day so amazing!
Venue: The Cottage Farmhouse
Photography: RKH Images
Videography: Sky Limit Visuals
Catering: Little Piggy – Au Britan Catering
Dress: The Wedding Shoppe
Bridesmaid Dresses: Birdy Grey
Rings: Kay Jewelers
DJ: Instant Request DJ
Desert: Little Piggy – Au Britan Catering